Bay Freight are looking for a new HGV Mechanic to join their team.
As one of a small team of HGV Mechanics, your main responsibility will be to carry out maintenance and repairs on our mixed fleet of HGVs, trailers and on our fork lift trucks. Along with general repairs you will also carry out safety inspections, MOT preparation and presentation and recovery work. You will receive bonus’ for successful MOT’s & call outs.
We are looking for a qualified mechanic (C&G or NVQ or similar)
Roles & Responsibilities of a Mechanic:
- To carry out scheduled maintenance, repairs and MOT
- Undertake all service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available at all times, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever-changing standards of legislation.
- Work in a safe and tidy manor to reduce the risk of injury, trips and slips, fire and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Undertake all training offered and required by the company
- Breakdown assistance will be required
Key Skills of a Mechanic:
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- The right candidate must have a good understanding of HGV diagnostics and a sound mechanical knowledge
- Strong teamwork skills
- Confident and professional communication skills
- LGV Licence would be advantageous but not essential
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately
- Previous experience in a workshop
- Experience with both rigid vehicles and trailers
- Able to listen and take on instruction
- Use your own initiative
- High standard of work
- Great understanding of Health and Safety Requirements
The garage shift patterns are Monday to Friday 06.00 – 14.30 and 13:00 – 21.30 and 5 hours every other Saturday morning. There is also an on call shift rota which you will receive a bonus for. Salary: £32,000 – £33,500 per year. Potential for overtime and bonus.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral scheme
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected]ia.co.uk or call 01625 728027.