Bay Freight are looking for a new Driver Trainer & Compliance Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced driver to take on the Role as Driver trainer & Compliance officer at Bay Freight. It is your role as Driver Trainer to ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to. Induct all new drivers into the company, complete all essential training for each driver to be able to complete their day to day work effectively and efficiently. At the site, there are 40+ HGV vehicles providing, collection and delivery services. The daily duties of this position will be compliance-focused.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Driver Trainer & Compliance Officer:
- Communicate effectively with the Compliance manager of the group
- Maintain and develop effective transport compliance policies and procedures
- Review and implement all training requirements, operational staff and drivers
- Analysis all commercial vehicle accidents and incidents, identify all route causes and drive corrective actions to minimise repeat failures.
- Monthly KPI’s and reports to take back to the board. Including performing Audits
- Support the company with insurance claims where needed.
- Ensure the site operates within the conditions of the O’License, if required
- Assist with all changes to the current O’License, if required
- Keep up to date with all driving legislation, including drivers’ hours rules, tachographs
- Ensure all vehicles are being maintained and serviced on time
- Good understanding of FORS, not essential as training will be given
- Be Confident sitting in and leading Health & Safety Board Meetings
- Train and induct all new employees on Health & Safety
- Train and induct all new Drivers on all aspects of their role
- Manage Driver Infringement within the Bay Freight Fleet
- Use the HSE portal to report all accidents, incidents both vehicle and personal.
- Driving & Warehouse duties as and when required
- Complete CPC training for drivers, training will be given
Key Skills required for the Driver Trainer & Compliance Officer:
- Comprehensive understanding of transport, drivers and plant operation legislation, transport related COSHH and Health & Safety requirements.
- Needs to be a practical and have great man management skills, willing to be hands-on and lead change from the front and comfortable working in a range of environments.
- FORS experience, you will be given full training
- Willing to undertake further training as and when needed
- Hold a full Class 1 License. (instructors License would be advantageous)
- Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.